About Me

My photo
I am a Christ follower who is in love with Jesus.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Hidden Treasures of a Life with Big Bertha!

Everywhere I go Big Bertha comes along.  She is my best friend, and I would be lost without her.  This morning I was thinking about the miles we have gone together.  I reflected on the countless time sitting together with a cup of coffee and Pebbles, my dog, at our side. During the most difficult times in my life, Big Bertha has been there for me.  Big Bertha is the name I have given to my Bible.

Time has not been kind to her.  She is tattered and worn, and some people say she needs to be upgraded for a new model.  When I look at her, I don’t see the frayed pages or the coming apart binding. Instead, I see the treasure she has been to me for so many years.  When I look at her, I see joy, peace, love, compassion, direction, truth along with conviction, correction, sorrow and stories of deep pain.

Also, as I look at her, I see myself.  I look like her!  I, too, have been tattered and torn over time.  I don’t move as easily anymore, and I have wrinkles and a few broken parts.  My face and body sag little, and extra pounds keep appearing out of thin air. None of this really matters because, like Big Bertha, I am actually a reflection of all things I love about her. I am filled with joy, peace, love, compassion, comfort, and conviction.

I will keep Big Bertha at my side and continue to glean from her.  She is and will continue to be my best friend.

His Beloved Warrior Bride,

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment