About Me

My photo
I am a Christ follower who is in love with Jesus.

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Wait!

I woke early yesterday morning to Isaiah 40:31 coming immediately into my head.

"But they that WAIT upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint! KJV

The words "wait upon the Lord" were impressed deeply into my mind!  I looked up the meaning of "wait" and read several different commentaries on the verse.  I wanted to find the deep spiritual meaning behind this word since it was the first thing on my mind when I work up.   After reading, pondering and praying all day and into the evening, I still had nothing thought provoking or deep revealed to me.  I was feeling disappointed and then  suddenly realized there was no deep, hidden message in this verse for me.  The Lord was simply saying:
  • Take time to wait on the Lord and hear from Him.  Don't rush it!
  • If you slow down and wait on the Lord, He will renew your strength!
  • The strength you will gain in waiting will be like the wings of the Eagles who soar effortlessly through the sky! 
  • The Lord will give you the ability to run and not be weary if you take time to wait on Him and quit relying on yourself!
  • Days when even walking may seem difficult, the Lord will make your steps lighter if you have waited on him!

Try starting your day by waiting on Him!  You may be amazed to see the journey He will take you on as you learn to Wait!

His Beloved Warrior Bride,


Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment