About Me

My photo
I am a Christ follower who is in love with Jesus.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Trail of Tears!

As I walk this journey with the Lord, I feel His strength in me. In spite of that strength, there are times, though, that my emotions rise up and tears violently hit me.

Why does this happen? It is because I am human, and I love deeply and feel deeply. Is it wrong?  Does it mean I have gone backwards in my journey?  No, it is good I can feel the emotions. It is part of my inner healing, and it is good that I am learning to embrace these times!

I used to bottle things up inside. I thought it was good to never show emotion. I was a walking robot!

No more!  I have let my guard down and allowed myself to feel and feel deeply as I have grieved. It has been good for me, because it has helped me in my healing process. I will no longer be a robot. I will be balanced and transparent and allow the Holy Spirit to mold me further into the woman He wants me to be.

My journey in life changed when my beloved died, but that does not mean my journey can't be as good or even better.  I want to go forward and continue the journey the Lord has placed before me.  In my own strength, I can’t do this. The only way I am able to do it is with the Lord’s strength and guidance. He is my life line and confidant, and He remains my closest friend. I am thankful for His strength, and His divine plan. For the time I have left on this earth. I will purpose to do His will.

Yes, tears will still flow, and I will continue to grieve, but embracing this new life is one of the best things I could do to honor both my Christ and my beloved.

His Beloved Warrior Bride,

Johanna

8 comments:

  1. Exactly! "...embracing this new life is one of the best things I could do to honor both my Christ and my beloved." It's not easy but it is a rich and abundant life when we seek to follow Jesus into all He intends for us. Keep on keeping on my friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ferree! Rich and Abundant Life is what I am finding as I embrace each moment!

      Delete
  2. So true, for me i realized that in choosing to move forward, i was not leaving my memories or what i had with my husband, but in moving forward i was also moving toward God, and my husband... Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Yes, moving toward God is my goal. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I came here from Ferree's blog. Have read a few of your posts now and they speak deeply to me. Drawing closer to God is my desire in this journey of widowhood.

    My dear husband is with Jesus and they are just on the other side of the veil. My husband is cheering me on in my walk of faith and one day we will be reunited and praise God for all He has done, in the past, now and in the future. Our God is awesome.

    Thanks for your encouraging blog. Widows need to be encouraged so that we can go out and encourage others.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you are on this journey with the rest of us, but Praise God we can cling to him and draw closer to Him each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have given myself permission to be the person God called me to be. Before I did this I wasn't in denial I know my beloved is with the Lord we were married for so long and parts of me was still holding on to being married under the covering of my husband so I had to release myself to the Lord he is my covering I can go to him in prayer and meditate on his word and delight myself in Him. There are times I'm overwhelm emotionally and I allow the tears to flow and that's okay because I deeply love my husband.

    ReplyDelete